Stop this time. Pause. Just a moment.
Time is ripe for a justified stillness. Look around, the whole world is going through one of it’s the hardest time ever in history.
We have an emergency on our planet Earth. Humanity is facing a global pandemic, aptly, one of the greatest crisis in the early 21st century. Times are tough and there are things we have been instructed to do to keep ourselves and the people around us safe.
Personally, slowing down is the best thing that has happened to me in the past few months due to my prolonged mental illness where I had stopped conversing with myself. I can’t remember the last time I listened to my thoughts without being interrupted by everything that’s surrounded me.
This crisis is giving us a chance to stop, introspect and see nature take the course itself.
So, let’s not take it for granted.
1. Open your eyes to the beauty around you: I urge you to wake up from your dream. Can you see the sunlight peeking through your window? Can you listen to the birds chirping? Its springtime. Take it all in. You are here now.
2. Start meditating: Start your day with some stretching routine. Close your eyes and focus on your thoughts. Don’t try to block them. Let them flow freely and observe.
3. Get creative: You don’t have to be a photographer, an artist, or a chef to do the things that fill your heart with joy. This is the right time to follow your heart. Who knows what might comes out of it once this crisis end.
4. Immerse yourself in reading: Read the books that you have been piling up for a very long time: just do one thing. Lose yourself in your imagination. Let your mind wander all around. Sing from the top of your lungs. Enjoy yourself in every way.
5. Introspect: Take a deep breath and reconnect to yourself. Pay a visit to the sunless side of your soul and face your inner demons. Even those the demons, that you have been avoiding for a long time.
No matter how scared you are, or simply how distracting the internet may seem to you, put your pending thoughts in action, take a dive in positivity emerging from your inside and cherish every moment that makes a better version of yourself.